Friday, July 24, 2009

Stronger Shoulders

Last night on the plane to Moscow I sat between my daughters. Sure I
was cramped for 10 hours but It was cool having both of them that
close to me.
In the middle of the night they unknowingly took turns laying their
heads on my shoulders. I was wide awake, they were sleeping. I was
loving that affection from them even if they were trying to sleep. As
their warm, soft heads were resting on my shoulders I began to think
about how they need my shoulders. My wife, my sons need my shoulders.
I was struck by all of the responsibility resting on my shoulders.
It's both wonderful and frightening. God, strengthen my shoulders.

Sent from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. Another 'shoulders' reference; there seems to be a theme developing. May you experience rest on God's shoulders and have moments when you can abide in His shadow as you continue to be obedient in service. Dee says, 'ditto'. Thank you for being His hands and feet in a foreign land.

    ReplyDelete